Justin Alexander helps a doubtful bride find her dream wedding gown
Q: I am getting married in May 2014 and went and tried some dresses on over the weekend to get a feel for what I like.
I tried on your dress style 8691. At first, I didn't like it straight away and I think this is because I hadn't tried on a dress with a lot of skirt before. So after trying on some more dresses I tried on 8691 again and I loved it!
My main concerns are;
1. I always thought that when I tried on my wedding gown I would know it's the one.
2. My wedding is a year away – is it too early to buy my dress now?
3. Most of my dresses that I wear day to day have a high neckline and I think that maybe I should go for something different?
A: By nature, women and soon-to-be-brides have a habit overthinking situations – and you can’t be blamed for it. Planning a wedding is a HUGE task and most brides do it on their own. You rack your brains over cake choices, manicure colors, and whether or not the MOH read the last email you sent her. Brides deal with a lot and it’s natural to feel a little overwhelmed and indecisive- especially when it comes to your wedding gown!
1. Not every bride has the same reaction, so don’t feel like you need tears to roll down your cheeks in order to know that it’s “the one”. If you tried on the wedding dress and you were able to envision yourself walking down the aisle and twirling in it during your first dance- then it’s “the one”.
2. It’s definitely not too early to choose your wedding dress- we encourage brides to start shopping for their wedding dress at least 12 months before their wedding. On average it takes three months for your wedding dress to arrive after you’ve placed an order. Also, remember that your wedding dress is one of the main elements that you need in order to decide on your theme, venue, bridesmaids’ dresses, décor, and bridal accessories. It’s better to get this done early and avoid feeling rushed.
3. Unfortunately Style 8691 has been discontinued but I would recommend a similar option- Style 8685. It gives you the same Sabrina illusion neckline and a beautiful ball gown silhouette. Don’t forget to always stay true to your style and level of comfort when it comes to your wedding dress. But if you’re doubting the high neckline I would suggest you choose a sweetheart neckline wedding gown like style 8682 or 8690 and add one of our delicate jackets for the ceremony. It’s an all around win-win. You get the high neckline that you’re used to but you also get to reveal a new look with the sweetheart neckline!
I hope this helped!
And if you have any wedding dress concerns send us an email to email@example.com